Sunday 4 December 2016

Gifts (Status Quo #1)

For those of you who love the Ripples in the Status Quo stories, a new series is about to begin. Exactly one year after the release of Ripples, the novella Gifts, starts a new cycle and spins us in a different direction.



To celebrate, Ripples will be Free today and tomorrow, on Amazon and Gifts will start life at only 99c (Also on Kindle Unlimited)

Recoil features different characters than Books 1 and 2 and can be read out of order, Gifts starts of an entirely new spinoff and the characters will return in Book 2


Title: Gifts (Status Quo #1)
Author: R. Phoenix
Blurb:

Before Imriel Conti was condemned to a life of slavery, the sheltered young witch had never been with anyone. Now that he is in the hands of Draven Foss and Callia Odessa, a sensual and controversial power couple at the pinnacle of supernatural society, all of that is about to change. Coveting him for his accursed but prized gift, they take him into their household, where he finds his morals and innocence equally compromised.

This novella contains explicit M/F and M/M/F scenes. All characters are 18+.

Review


The first time I read the book, I had an issue. Was it a good book, well written with interesting, well rounded characters? Yes, absolutely. Was it gripping, explosive, sexy, hot and highly erotic? Totally. So what was the problem?

The problem was that I haven't read the other Ripples in the Status Quo book. Gifts left me feeling as if I'd been dropped into a section of a book. It was a fabulous section, with stunning characters and great sex (M/F and M/M/F) but I was confused about what was happening at the beginning and left completely unsatisfied at the end.

Although, that is the only occasion when I can use the word unsatisfied with this book. The sex is blazing hot. I particulary like that it's "different". It's a power-play, it's a deep insight into what the characters think, and when they're wrong, and it's almost literally mind-blowing (for the character). I usually read only M/M, but this woman was no wilting rose. She was very much in charge and it was great to see the way she played her boys.

Of course, now I know it's a spinoff from another series and the start of a new one, it all makes sense. I will definitely be looking out Book 2 because even though it's a very short book and it stops before I would normally expect a book to be really taking off, these character have got their hooks into me and I CARE about them. I want to know what happens next. One of the characters I love, one I want to hate and the other is sexy as hell and straddles both worlds.

I totally recommend this books to fans of the RISQ universe. You will definitely not be disappointed with a sublime short that will have you by the short and curlies very quickly.

Meet the Author

R. Phoenix has an unhealthy fascination with contrasts: light and dark, heroes and villains, order and chaos. She believes that love can corrupt and power can redeem. Her muse is a sadomasochistic slave driver who thinks it's terribly amusing to give her the best ideas when she just got comfortable and warm in bed, and she passes on that torture to her readers. She also tries entirely too hard to be funny, and she mercilessly inflicts her terrible sense of humor upon anyone who speaks to her. She'd love it if you'd say hello!

Website: http://rphoenixbooks.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/RaissaPhoenix
Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/r.phoenix
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/raissaphoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment