Wednesday 8 August 2018

Wednesday Briefs. The Faery of Beacon Lake Part 17



Here I am again with my Wednesday Flash. We find Owen in a perplexing situation facing an important question. Is he in love with Bran, or his physical representation.

A sharp rap on the door startled Owen and Bran out of a light doze and they scrambled up to a sitting positing with the covers pulled up to the ears. Thankfully, Aggie didn’t open the door.

“If you two boys want breakfast you’d better get your oversexed arses downstairs pretty damn quick.”

They gazed at each other in shock for a moment, then burst out laughing.

Owen slipped out of bed. “We need a shower, and you need some clothes.”

“I have clothes. I will have clothes…when the dowry comes.”

“Yeah, about that. What is the dowry. That’s like…a present isn’t it? Something a bride takes to her new family to help her get set up.” He grinned. “Ha! That makes you the bride.”

Bran sidled over to him, a strange, smouldering expression in his eyes. “Would you like me to be?” he whispered, pressing his body close to Owen’s, the evidence of his maleness pressing into Owen’s leg.

“To be the bride?”

“To be a woman,” Bran whispered between kisses.

“If I’d wanted that, I wouldn’t have fallen in love with you.”

“Everyone falls in love with me.”

As they kissed and Owen’s blood heated, Bran ground against him in a way that made him almost lose his mind. Then Bran raised his head and gazed into Owen’s eyes. Panting, Owen gazed back. 

“We should….”

Bran ducked his hair and gazed at Owen from under fluttering lashes. He took Owen’s hand and guided it over the swell of his hip. Owen closed his eyes and breathed deeply, but something seemed slightly off, so he opened them again. Bran smiled, and still holding his hand raised it to cup his—

“What the hell?”

Owen jumped backward, stumbled over his shoes, on the floor behind him, and fell onto the bed. 
Bran took a step forward and Owen scrambled backwards.

“Is…is this what…what you really are?”

“I can be anything you want me to be,” Bran whispered, his voice husky but lighter, sweeter, more feminine. It matched is…other feminine parts.

“Seriously, Bran, if this is the real you…. If you’re really a woman, I can’t…. I don’t know if I can….”

“Don’t you love me, Owen? Me, not my body.”

“Yes, I love you, but…. I’m gay, Bran. Completely.”

Bran observed him thoughtfully, twirling a lock of hair around his finger. Owen waited, trying not to look at Bran’s breasts, or worse, his lack of penis.

“I understand,” Bran said eventually. “Come, let’s shower.” He turned away, leaving Owen dumbstruck.

“Bran? What just happened?”

Bran turned and grinned at him and Owen was relieved to see his maleness had returned. “I wanted to show you the real me.”

Owen’s heart crashed. “So that was the real you? You’re really a woman?”

Bran grinned, and Owen felt like punching him. How dare Bran mock his pain. “No,” Bran said and confusion replaced hurt.

“Then what…?”

“I’m Bran. My body can be whatever I want it to be, but I’m always Bran.”

Owen chewed on his fingernail and frowned. “So, your body can seriously be anything you want it to me? Like could it be a dog or a….”

“Crow?”

“Oh shit.” Owen fell back on the bed and covered his eyes with his arm. Bran lay down beside him and stroked his stomach. Owen shivered and he wasn’t sure why.

“You know what I am, Owen. You’ve always known what I am.”

“I thought I did. I-I suppose I don’t know as much about fairies as I thought I did.”

“I’m sorry.” Bran stopped stroking Owen and laid his head on Owen’s chest. Owen’s heart thudded.

“Don’t be sorry, please. You can’t help being what you are.” Owen absently stroked Bran’s hair and he purred. “I know I’m going to regret this,” he said, “but what’s your natural form. I mean…you can change but what’s the base? What are you usually, when you’re not trying?”

Bran was quiet for a while, then he started drawing patterns on Owen’s belly, lightly with his nail. “I don’t know what to say to not make you unhappy. I know what you want me to say – that I’m a male who can change into a female in the same way I can change into a crow. It would be easier to say, but not entirely true.”

Owen’s stomach fluttered, and he squeezed his eyes shut. “Just tell me the truth.”

“The truth? The truth is, Owen Prentis, that I am neither a man nor a woman. I’m not human at all.”

“I know. I know that. You’re fey, I get it, but I thought….”

“No, Owen, you don’t know. You don’t. You look at me and see a man, like you. I took that form for you. When I am on land I can be a man, a bird, a woman, a cat, but when I am home, beneath the water, I am none of these things.”

Owen bit his lip and squeezed his eyes even tighter.

Bran curled into his side and wrapped his arms around him. In a little while, Owen realized he was crying softly and a great wave of emotion broke over him. How often would he do this? How often would he promise he understood, only to have that understanding tested over and over? It shouldn’t matter. The outcome should be the same. He stroked Bran’s hair with purpose.

“I love you Bran. I love you. But please will you stay a man for me?”

Bran raised his head and smiled a watery sile. “Yes.”

“Of course, you can be a bird sometimes if you want. That’s way cool.”


Bran frowned for a moment then grinned, pinched Owen's nipple and fled the bed.

Here are the other flashers this week. They're well worth checking out, there are some fantastic stories being spun

No comments:

Post a Comment