Saturday 16 March 2019

Why I Am So Bad At Blogging 1 - You Tube

I have been looking at why I am so bad at blogging. Not the content, which is a matter of opinion :D, but the frequency. Apart from the obvious - life (and laziness) I have realized that I have many procrastination crutches/distractions, and being the sharing kind, I thought I would share some of my favourites.

Today, I thought I would share some of my favourite YouTube channels. None of these involve books or writing at all, which may be part of my problem, but they are wonderful distractions and I have learned so many things, including how to work out exactly what I want to happen when I die. Yeah, I still kind of have an obsession with death. I blame my mother for letting me spend so much time in graveyards when I was a child.

So let's jump straight in with Ask a Mortician.

This is the channel of Caitlin Doughty, a young mortician with her own crematorium who is looking to burst the bubble of silence that exists around the subject of death and posts videos of all kinds of things, from iconic corpses to answering questions about the life and work of a mortician. It sounds morbid, and it probably is but Caitlin is a scream and the tone is much lighter than the subject matter might suggest.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi5iiEyLwSLvlqnMi02u5gQ



Description
Mortician in Los Angeles.
You got death questions, we got death answers.
Mortality + Culture.

www.orderofthegooddeath.com

www.facebook.com/OrderoftheGoodDeath

Another great channel is Curiosity Inc. 

This is such an entertaining channel. Alex, owner of a quirky antique shop travels to garages, auctions, abandoned shops and all kinds of places looking for treasure. He does a lot of unboxing and finds all kinds of precious things, including items that are valuable only to history. Recently, he bought a hoarder house that was literally stuffed floor-to-ceiling with boxes and "stuff". He's sweet, entertaining and respectful and I love his enthusiasm as well as learning a lot about antiques.



Description
Curiosity Inc, an antique and collectibles store, a vintage motorcycle dealer and an adventure! Always out looking for cool new finds and finding creative ways to bring new life to old stuff!


This is a great channel! Karolina Żebrowska 

It's about historical fashion with a delightful Polish lady called Karolina Żebrowska who seems to have been born into the wrong century. There are all kinds of topics, from corset design, to critique of films, to myth-busting to recreating modern memes in the style of other ages. I love her and I love the channel.






Description
[EN] just another weirdo obsessed with the past. vintage style and fashion history geek, appreciator of old things in general. 
[PL] historia mody, styl vintage, filmy i starocie. opowiadam o tym, co dawniej i pokazuję to, co dziś z tego zostało.

Then there are Shane Dawson and his friends, Ryland Adams, Garrett Watts and Morgan Adams. They're nuts and I love them. They all link together as well as posting their own things on their own channels. I'll focus on Shane's because it's the biggest and seems to be the hub for the others.

Shane has done all kinds of things from interviewing YouTube celebrities, conspiracy theories, clearing out Jeffree Star's closet, staying on haunted boats, etc. More than anything, he's down-to-earth, funny, and relatable. We see how the other half lives with no pretentiousness and a lot of fun.






Safiya Nygaard is fun. She does all kinds of crazy things and likes to dress like a bat. What more can I say? 

Although it might sound like it from the description, it's not a "witchy" channel in any way. One week she tested "home spa" products, she's investigated Japanese street fashion, tried out all kinds of online stuff and is just generally a super fun person.







Description
Double, double toil and trouble; 
New videos once a week!

I love Sims 4 and the next channel is one of the many who do game videos on Sims games, Clare Siobhan

Watching Clare is like watching a Sims soap. She's run through generations of the same family, which she started with Sims representing herself and her partner, growing up, moving out, having their own children, building extended families and having so many weird and wonderful adventures. She also does challenges and explores all kinds of things like custom content and various extensions. I'm hooked.



Description
Hi! 
I make gaming videos 🎮 The Sims 4, Pokemon and more!
Subscribe and hit the comment section to let me know what you want me to play! :D
🎮 Capture your gameplay the same way I do! 👉  http://e.lga.to/clare

The last one I'll share is one of my favourites, but I'm not going to say anything more about it, other than I've learned a lot from her. She's NSFW so fair warning. 




https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwx8uy7nxohWLwnaPocLsyg








No comments:

Post a Comment