Tuesday 19 July 2016

Reintroducing Silver

For those of you who don't know, Silver is a character in a series of books - The Enigma Series which I am in the process of writing. So far two are released, Enigma and Enigma II Fighting the Man.






Quite simply, I am in love with Silver. He is the subject of more fan art and feedback than any character I have written and he is definitely the most intriguing and fun to write. One of the fascinations of Silver is that he's not perfect. He suffers from mental health issues arising from a traumatic past and throughout the whole series he struggles with them and with coming to terms with a world he simply doesn't understand. He's a lot like me in that.

Through Silver I explore a lot of things that puzzle and upset me in my own life and the world I live in. When River tries to explain things like religion and homophobia to Silver I'm really trying to explain it to myself and when Silver doesn't understand, neither do I.

I'm currently working on book III and I hope to get that into publication soon, but in the meantime I want to bring Silver back to the forefront.

Now the Enigma series is not the most polished of my works as I have not had the benefit of much professional editing, but they are by far my favourite stories and characters and I want everyone to love Silver as much as I do.





But Silver is not the only character in the Enigma books. River is his former carer and now partner. He is often overlooked but is the mainstay of Silver's world. He is also flawed and as much as he loves Silver struggled to come to terms with having to look after someone with Silver's special needs. He makes a lot of mistakes and causes a lot of heartache to himself and Silver, but he tries hard and genuinely loves Silver to the moon and back.

In Book I we briefly meet Sam, a specials ops policeman, who grows through Book II and forward to be a good friend to the boys and is the voice of reason when River loses the plot, which he does often.

Also in Book II we meet my second favourite character in this series, Ariel. Ariel is a small bundle of energy who nurses and unrequited love for Silver fro beginning to end, but becomes his very best friend. No one who meets Ariel will ever forget him. He's feisty, brave, beautiful, sweet, angry, spiteful, tender, outspoken and above all loyal. He's everything a friend should be and more wrapped up in a small bundle of white hair and attitude.

I wrote a post back in 2013 which, I think gives a good introduction to these characters as well as some pretty special art. Take a glimpse into the world of Enigma and fall in love

http://nephylim-author.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/a-little-bit-of-silver.html

No comments:

Post a Comment