Friday 12 July 2013

Disturbed Fate - Kia Zi Shiru





Blurb

Marc, a small pet shop owner and seer, needs help with his store, but his new 
employee, Galen, brings with him more trouble than expected. Marc tries to keep their 
relationship professional even if Galen seems insistent on taking it to the next level. And then 
there is the problem of Galen’s past.

Keiran, a hard working medical student and Marc’s best friend, has a small problem, a 
stalker. One night he confronts the guy and finds in his stalker vampire, Devlan, is too 
alluring to turn down. But Devlan isn’t who he seems to be.

When the four men meet up for a night out their lives fall apart. Marc’s premonitions 
are wrong and everything points towards one autumn night a couple of years ago. Now they 
need to figure out what happened that night, before someone dies, again.

Time is running out. The visions might be false, but they don’t paint a pretty picture, 
not about their futures and, especially, not about their pasts. They need to reverse the change 
before it is too late.

If you could have any magical power what would it be?

To be able to fly. I literally dream about this sometimes and would love to be able to do it. Sure, some powers have more flair and others might be more awesome. But I think being able to fly and just be up between the clouds and being able to go places without having to use the road. I think that trumps anything else.

If you could have predicted any event in your life what would it be and what would you have done differently to change it?

If I could have predicted that I'd study English and Creative writing at a university in the UK I would probably have put more time in studying English when I could. Though, at the same time great things have happened before that so I'm not sure how much I would have liked to change anyway.

If you could have predicted any event in history what would it be and how do you think it could have been changed?

I don't know. Sure, I can give some answer about wars or something, but that doesn't really connect to me. I don't know what I would have liked to have predicted.

If you were immortal and could have been present at any historical event which one would you like to have witnessed?

Not sure about any specific event, but I would like to have met the Bronte sisters. Their whole family was creative and even though their lives were hard, between them all they've got quite the repertoire of fiction.

If you could give one piece of advice to any historical character who and what would it be?

Does King Arthur count? If so, I'd tell him to not listen to his wife too much and that not being Christian is a perfectly fine choice too. Maybe that would have kept some of the silly fights at bay.

I invite all of your characters to give us one piece of advice, share a story or tell a joke so as to show their unique character

Marc: Don't always do what your parents do, they chose their road and now you choose yours. If I had listened to my parents I wouldn't have a pet shop with cute creatures.

Keiran: When I originally met Marc I thought he was weird. He would say things like he knew me forever. He'd immediately figure it out if I was lying. When I found out about his gift it became clear why he knew. Though now I like to tease him whenever I can. Knowing his gift has made lying more fun, since he doesn't see everything so it's fun when he figures it out.

Galen: If you're lonely or depressed, take a pet. You never know what kind of people you might run into if you do.

Devlan: Go after what you want, no matter the consequences.

Excerpt



Keiran walked on, taking the same route as always. Past the high buildings, past the park. Wait. Keiran stopped. The man was close, closer than before. Keiran turned around. No one. The man was still there somewhere, he could sense him, but he wasn’t visible. Keiran turned to the side, back into the park, into the open. He wanted to see this guy who made his knees go weak and his heart race.
Keiran stood still, his back to where he knew the other man was, slowly taking off his jacket. The cold cooled his skin, fading the blush that had started to form. He felt the power of the energy intensify. The man was coming closer. He became engulfed in the energy, in the pressure of it on his senses.
Warm lips touched his neck from above, soft in contrast with the hard body pressed against him. The whisper was clear in the silent park. “Oh, how intoxicating you are from this close, even more than the first time I found you.”
Keiran stilled and then he felt it, low, pounding—want, need, blood lust. He gasped. Oh, this was nice, this feeling of undiluted craving. A sanguine vampire. He pressed against the body behind him, moving his body, enjoying the sensations. He would be able to fly if he could actually tap into the energy of this guy.
“Stop.” The voice was rough, stern, went to his groin immediately, but it made him still. “I should have guessed, you’re one of them. That is how you knew I was here. Hmm.”
Keiran could not stay still with this guy so close to him: he needed to move, to feel. He needed. They stood still for a couple of minutes before he could no longer hold himself and started to move again. This guy was built like a wall, a smooth wall but definitely a wall, tall, broad, hard. Two rough hands gripped his hips and kept him in place.
“If you don’t stand still I will leave.” The words were spoken so close to his ear that the man’s lips tickled the shell of it. Keiran held his breath, not daring to make any movement at all, apart from the involuntary bulging of his pants. This guy was intense. Not only did he emit power, he knew how to use it, and Keiran hadn’t even seen him yet.
“You know what I am and what I want. Can you deal with that?” The hands on his hips eased their grip, making his hips move back into the guy. “Well?”
Keiran nodded. He was not sure what the man was asking, or offering, he was too caught up in the experience. But he didn’t care, just to be close to this guy was worth a lot.
“Turn around.”
Keiran complied, cold air hitting his back now it was no longer covered, and he arched forward.
The man chuckled low.

Author Bio




Kia Zi Shiru is a Dutch girl who did her bachelor studying English and Creative Writing in the UK but 

has now returned to the Netherlands to do her masters. Amongst her interests she finds writing, 
reading, doing research and learning different languages (including but not limited to: English, Dutch,
French, German, HTML, Java, PHP and Assembly). Her writing and reading habits include books with 
Young Adults, gay themes, strong female or minority characters and fantasy elements (more often 
than not all at the same time).

You can find me:
And if you want to keep up to date you can sign up for my newsletter here: http://eepurl.com/vvShb


Sales links:



No comments:

Post a Comment