Thursday 24 January 2013

The Next Big Thing - Blog Hop

I have absolutely no idea what this is all about but, as I was asked so nicely and I have a new book out tomorrow that I have been too busy (ready lazy) to publicise as I should, I figured that I'd at least give it a go so if I do it wrong I apologise. Also be aware, as I'm sure Andy who was the one who tagged me, will confirm, I have next to zero technical skill and a habit of getting things wrong all the time.

I'm jumping into this with as much grace as a hippo trying to do a swan dive but anything for publicity, hey, so here I go.

First, you should go take a look at Andy's forum where you will find his post which is much more interesting than mine. While you're there check out the Author Profiles which are of me and my good friend Alicia Nordwell.

Anyway, I think this is where I dive into the questions, I think (I hope)

Nephylim's Next Big Thing


1.  What is the working title of your book

There is no working title. The actual title is Fallen Angel

2.  Where did the idea come from for the book

Oooh now here's a question, so get ready for a trip to the dark side. For many years I was active on a forum for 'real' vampires and Otherkin. By this, I mean people who are living it and not pretending it, people who genuinely believe their human body is shared by not only a human soul but a non human one, or that there is no human soul at all but something bigger, something that needs more energy than the human body can supply, hence the need to take in more life force either through kinetic energy or through living blood.  I could go into this in a lot more detail but if you're interested there's a lot of information out there (not all of it correct. If you find anyone who claims to have been 'turned' laugh at them. Real vampires are born not 'turned')

Through that forum, which sadly no longer exists, I met Otherkin who bore the souls of Angels. Some fallen, some not and that led to a whole new exploration which is a story, and a long one, in itself. If you're interested in 'real' fallen angels and the things they go through trying to get a hold of who they are and who they were then take a wander through this forum Shadow of the Fallen

Through a combination of these two forums and experiences I developed a firm belief about what really happened in the fall from heaven, and the connection between vampires and fallen angels. I've been bringing snippets through in my writings for years and this is the most overt yet. Maybe one day I'll tell the whole story. For now this is Arran and Isobel's story.

3. What's the genre of the book?

Contemporary romance. There's possibly a bit of fantasy/paranormal there depending on whether you believe otherkin/vampires/fallen angels are real :)

4.  Which actors would you use to play your characters in a movie rendition

This isn't an easy one. After much consideration I'd have to say:-

For Isobel - Ann Hathway and this black beauty





And for Arran, maybe Ben Barnes and my beautiful white friend



The Shade, I guess will have to be animatronic

5. What is a one sentence synopsis of your book

When Isobel meets Arran, the snarky vampire, everything she believes to be true is turned on its head and, in a cruel twist, when she finally discovers the truth and rekindles a love that has survived thousands of years, she stands to lose it all


6  Will your book be self published or represented by and agency/publisher

Fallen Angel will be published by Romance First Publishing on 25th January 2013

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript

Not long. Not long at all. I'd say maybe six to eight weeks. It's one of those stories that just fell out of my fingers.

8. What other books would you compare this with in your genre?

If there are any I haven't read them.

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?

My friends on Shadow of the Fallen who need their stories told

10. What else about your book might pique you readers' interest?

What? Apart from the fact that it's written by someone who believe vampires and angels are real and has written a work of fiction that isn't really fiction at all but designed to get out a message without actually putting it forward as a message, in the hope that other fallen angels who are still lurking in the background might come forward? 

Ummm.... no, not really :)

Apart from this book, I have a few others I'm hoping to get out there this year including a Young Adult novel about the adventures of a blind boy who meets someone who changes his life forever, to be published with Featherweight Press I have also been working on a collaboration with a fellow author S L Danielson which is a series of Young Adult books, following a group of friends through five years of their lives. As it's me, they are a very turbulent, tortuous and exciting five years and deal with issues such as suicide, abuse, mental health issues, violence, prostitution, success, stardom, unshakable love and unbreakable faith.

I will therefore tag the said S L Danielson who can talk about our releases and thereby give me two bites of the cherry. I'm a lawyer; bite me. Although, from what you've read above you can be pretty sure I'll bite back.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment