Wednesday 6 March 2013

Wednesday Brief - How Can I Leave You Now



First, many apologies if you find missed capitals as my Shift key is playing up. I hope I've caught them all :)

Here we are at another Wednesday Flash and this time I have chosen... She ran in...




“What do you mean? What happens with us? We go on. We learn. We live. We love. We become one as we were always meant to be.”

Uzzy took Pasha’s hand and looked into his eye. “But we are not as we were. You know nothing but your earthly life. You have ties now that bind you to the earth, and I…. We have not won the war, Pasha, my love. We have won a battle only. A great battle it’s true but the real war is in Eden now. Micha’el is gone but the host is still there. I have an army to lead.  

“I have to leave earth, Pasha and I may very well never come back. I can’t ask you to leave your family, your friends and everything you’ve ever known and follow me into a war that isn’t yours.”

He looked so sad, so scared that Pasha couldn’t help but smile. He cupped Uzzy’s face in his hand and lifted it to gaze into his eyes.

“What ties I had are meaningless beside the ties I have with you. You’re my mate Uzzy, my soulmate and I would follow you to the ends of the universe. All I ask is time to speak to my brother and explain, then I will follow you wherever you go.”

Tears sprang to Uzzy’s eyes and he smiled a smile that dazzled Pasha. “I love you, my mate. I have always loved you, but never more than I do in this moment.”

“And I love you, my mate. I forgot you for such a long time and I want to re learn every little thing about you. I want to know what makes you laugh, what makes you cry and…” he kissed Uzzy deeply and whispered, “…what makes you scream.”

“Oh, you knew how to make me scream,” Uzzy said breathlessly.

“And I will again. How soon do you have to leave?”

“We can afford to take a few days. Others will begin to pack the camp for our return to Eden. Would you like to spend some time with your family?”

“You are my family and I would like to spend as much time as I can with you. We have a lot to learn about each other.”

“Re learn.”

“Oh yes. I’m sure it will come easier as time passes. The re learning that is.”

Uzzy smiled shyly. “Can we begin to re learn very soon?”

“Can we visit my brother and say goodbye. After that I’m all yours. No ties but you.”

“Give me half an hour to get things moving here?”

“As long as you want. We have all the time in the world.”

“I only wish we did.”

****

Lukas looked shocked when he opened the door, but he only hesitated a moment before throwing himself at his brother and taking him into his arms.

“Dear God, Pasha, we’ve been so worried. I honestly thought we’d never see you again.”

“Trust me Lukas, there were times when I thought that too.”

“Pasha!” Anna nudged past Lukas and hugged him too.

Pasha gently pulled away and smiled at her. “Aren’t you going to ask us in?”

“Of course, of course. Come in.”

Anna hurried Pasha and Uzzy into the living room and fussed around them. Lukas simply sat and watched. When Anna had gone Pasha began to feel uncomfortable with his scrutiny and silence.

“You’ve come to say goodbye, haven’t you?” Lukas said at last.

“Yes.”

“Will I ever see you again?”

“it’s not very likely.”

“You’re going with him then? To… wherever angels come from.”

Pasha nodded. “Yes.”

“Will they let you in? A human?”

“Well… that’s the thing. It seems I’m not exactly human at all.”

“What do you mean?”

Pasha exchanged glances with Uzzy who nodded, knowing what he was asking and what he was intending  without even a thought.

Getting to his feet, Pasha stretched out his arms and concentrated. The great dark wings manifested and spread from his shoulders. Lukas yelped and drew back. There was a crash and, when Pasha turned his head it was to see Anna in the doorway, the tray of tea at her feet amidst broken china. Pasha turned towards her and the tip of his wing knocked an ornament off the fireplace. It smashed against the hearth.

“Shit. I’m sorry.” He immediately de-manifested his wings and hurried to help Anna clear the mess. She stood still and stared at him, looking frightened. Pasha took her hand and she flinched. “Don’t be afraid of me, Anna, please. I’m just the same as I always was.”

“How can you say that? You have wings.

“Yes, but the wings aren’t the important part. My heart’s what’s important and that’s just the same as it always was, it loves you just as much.”

For a moment Anna continued to stare, then she threw her arms around him and held him close. “Oh dear God, Pasha, I love you and I always will, no matter who you are or what you become. I always said you’re an angel.”

Pasha smiled and hugged her back. “Thank you,” he said.

“So… are you two… together now?”

“Yes, very together.”

“Then I’m happy for you.”

“He’s leaving,” Lukas said dully.

“Well of course he’s leaving. This is no place for an angel.”

“We’ll never see him again.”

Anna smiled sadly. She ran in to embrace her husband. “Maybe not,” she said, “but he’ll always be close, won’t you darling.”

“I’ll always be thinking of you and I’ll always hold you in my heart. I swear. And if the opportunity ever arises I will come back to visit.”

“I won’t hold my breath for that.”

“No.”

Suddenly, Lukas sniffed and grabbed Pasha dragging him into a tight embrace. “Take care of yourself.” He looked up at Uzzy. “Take care of him or I’ll track you down and rip your heart out.”

“He is my heart,” Uzzy said.

After a moment Lukas smiled and nodded.


And now hurry over to visit my fellow flashers for more little gems











3 comments:

  1. Aw... "He is my heart." That is so perfect. :) I like that Pasha doesn't just brush off his life as a human. That's an important part of him now, I would think, whether or not he chooses to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Nephy! I echo what Tali said :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great flash. Take care fo him or I'll rip your heart out - now that's love.

    ReplyDelete