Monday 15 April 2013

Black Sheep Three - Fighting for a Future




Today I’m having a great treat. I have Vic, Jack, Adam and Tom from the Black Sheep series with me. If only you could see them!!

Hi guys, thanks for agreeing to talk to me. It would have been better if you'd sat down and talked to each other a bit more but hey...

So... how did you guys meet

Vic: Thanks for having me here again and that I could bring the other guys. Let's see... I've known Adam my whole life. I don't think there is a time I didn't know him.

Adam: Tsss, you just can't remember not knowing me. I didn't meet you until you were two. *he winks to Vic*

*Vic grins*

Jack: *shakes his head at the boys and then looks at Nephy* I met Vic just a couple of months ago when he moved to my school.

Tom: Same goes for Adam and me, we met when he went to university, a few years ago though.


Forgive me for saying Tom. but you're not what I’d have thought of as Adam's 'type'. You seem to be the 'normal' one in the group, and the most stable. How do you cope with your own little spitfire and his...erm... colourful friends.

Tom *laughs out loud and the rest glare at him* They are colourful, in a way. *he thinks for a moment* I guess I'm just too calm to get upset by them.

Adam: *whacks Tom on his arm* No you don't.

Tom: Okay, okay. I just don't dress like the rest. They stand out enough, they can do my part too.
*Tom pulls Adam sideways into his lap and wraps his arms around him as he leans his head on his shoulder* I met Adam at university, he was so shy but still dressed all in black. I liked the way he looked, I never dared to do something like that. It wasn't until Vic came over for a weekend that I dared to confess to Adam. I think it's because I met Adam first that I wasn't surprised by the rest.


What about you, Jack? You took the step to change the way you look to get Vic's attention. And Vic, do you think you would have noticed Jack in the same way if he hadn't done that

Jack: I'd been wanting to change for a while, but never had the guts. I'd seen some goth guys in magazines Marie would bring with her. After a certain interesting night I knew I had to change if I was ever going to get Vic's attention.

Vic: *laughs* Halloween.

Jack: *winks and reaches out to Vic* Halloween. Marie, me and the girls were drunk. We played a game of truth or dare and Marie asked Vic what he found the sexiest piece of clothing.

Vic: Fishnet shirts, I remember.

Adam: You're serious? You actually said that? You're hopeless.

Vic: *nods* I could always try, couldn't I?

Tom: Pervs, both of you.

Vic: *winks* I never said I wasn't. But for if I would have noticed him if he hadn't? I had noticed him way before that. I just didn't dare to act upon it.

Jack: *pouts* So all was for nothing?

Vic: *leans over and quickly kisses Jack* Of course it wasn't, black looks a lot better on you.


I have to say I agree. Not that it's the only reason but the fact you guys dress the way you do was certainly one of the things that first pulled me into the story, and I hadn't even met you then, Adam. You're certainly the colourful one in the group.

We hear a lot, in Black Sheep, about your problems, but there must have been good times too. What are your favourite memories of fun times you've spent together?

Try to keep it clean please.

Adam: Pfff, keeping it clean. You're mean. Hmmm...

Jack: I know something. The way you looked at me when we met. You didn't expect me.

Adam: You looked a bit like when I was younger, though less skinny. It wasn't as much surprise as that I was just captivated.

Vic: *pokes Adam* Eyes off my guy. The best moment? I'm going to have to agree with Jack though. That was interesting.

Tom: Am I going to be the party pooper when I say that actually the four of us watching tv was the best thing? I liked how comfortable that felt. It had always felt slightly weird with Vic on his own.

Adam: *elbows Tom* Don't say it like that. What he means is that he found it uncomfortable to be all cuddly with me when Vic was on his own. Right?

*Tom nods quickly*

Nice save. Although that wasn't exactly what I was hoping for. Have you guys never had fun? I mean rocking with laughter and falling on the floor, fun?

*the boys look at each other*

*Vic grins and opens his mouth*

Adam: NO!

Tom: *cover's Adam's mouth and holds him close* Oh yes.

Vic: Right before we went off for Tom's birthday...

Tom: While everybody was getting ready...

Jack: *tries not to smile too broadly as Adam is struggling to get away from Tom* You guys are mean.

Vic: Adam had a great idea... He decided that because we were supposed to go out dancing afterward, he should wear something sexy.

Tom: Adam always has great ideas at the last moment.

Adam: *fights free* Don't you dare. That wasn't even funny.

Vic: It was very funny. It just shows how much of a-

Adam: *cover's Vic's mouth* Don't you dare. I was just too excited, I hadn't realised that... *Adam sits down on his chair* I'm not telling and neither are you. *he glares at the other guys*

Jack: *trying, and failing to keep shut* The skirt he wore wouldn't really cover everything when sitting at the restaurant, and he hadn't realised why we were giggling until he was trying on his shoes and had to bent down.

*Vic and Tom laugh out loud*

Adam: Jack! I thought I could trust at least you!


You guys are so cute together. If I was your fairy godmother and could give you each one wish, what would it be?

Tom: Enough money so I didn't have to work and could just spend my days at a pool in some warm country.

Vic: But you love being a doctor.

Tom: But I like spending lazy time with Adam better.

Vic: *nods* True. Hmmm, my wish. Getting away from that annoying town soon and being able to live together with Jack.

Jack: Awwwh, that’s sweet, thank you. I would like for my parents to accept me so that Vic and I can actually spend more time together.

*Everybody looks at Adam*

Adam: Ehhhh... I guess being able to spend more time with you all.

All: What?

Adam: I'm just a simple soul, I'd like to be surrounded by family and friends more.

My wish for all of you is that you find peace...with each other, the world and most of all yourselves. you're beautiful boys and I'm so happy to have had the chance to meet you. Do you have anything to say to potential readers of your story that might make them want to get to know you better?

Vic: Adam is a real perv.

Adam: Vic, I don't think she means like that.

Vic: Oh. Ehhh... Jack is really cute?

Jack: That is almost the same thing. Doesn't count.

Vic: Yes it does. There are some really cute things about you in the book.

Jack: Hush!

Tom: You should read the book because these guys are very lovely even if they are notoriously flawed.

Jack, Adam & Vic together: We're not!

Tom: Yes you are, and that is the good part about you all.


We're all flawed, and that's what makes you’re so interesting to read about. Who wants to read about perfect people?

I think a lot of readers will be able to relate to you and the things you've gone through, and I also think every single one of them will fall madly in love with you. So, you'd all better get ready to fight off the crazed hoards of fanboys and fangirls

It's been absolutely lovely to have you visit my blog. You've really brightened the place up. I wish you all the very best of luck with the sale of Black Sheep and I hope that when the royalties make you rich you’ll make a space for me on the luxury yacht

AUTHOR BIO





Kia Zi Shiru is a Dutch girl studying English and Creative Writing in the UK.
Amongst her interests she finds writing, reading, doing research and learning
different languages (including but not limited to: English, Dutch, French, German,
HTML, Java, PHP and Assembly). Her writing and reading habits include books
with Young Adults, gay themes, strong female or minority characters and fantasy
elements (more often than not all at the same time).

You can find me:

Website www.5timeschaos.com
Twitter http://twitter.com/kiazishiru
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/KiaShiru
And if you want to keep up to date you can sign up for my newsletter here:
http://eepurl.com/vvShb



BOOK INFORMATION


Jack is dead, Adam is back in the hospital in the worst condition he's ever been and
Vic believes it's all his fault. That he's the reason everyone's hurting and that there's only one
way to end it - to end his own life.

Then the doctor bears bad news, Vic’s own condition has worsened and his days are
numbered.

This is the wake-up call Vic needs. Maybe he can, for once, make people happy
before he hurts them in the worst way possible. He hides his condition from everyone, not
wanting anyone to worry while he's trying to make them happy.

But time is running out. Will Vic see his wish fulfilled before the end comes?



EXCERPT


~Vic~

“Did you tell her?” I look up as Dr West walks into the garden.

He shakes his head and sits next to me. “She left for France this morning.”

I nod. “To our grandparents on Dad’s side.”

“Yeah. Your mum said she didn’t know when Anne would be back. By the way, you didn’t show up at our session.”

I look at the drawing in front of me, a drawing of Jack and myself. “I was thinking about a few things and lost track of time. I’m sorry.”

“What were you thinking about?”

“I’m never going to fully recover, am I?”

“Even if they find the right medication for you, possibly not fully, no.”

“And there is a large chance that I’m going to get worse, right?”

“Yes.”

We are quiet for a few minutes. I’m trying to find the right words to say and not make this sound like I’m giving up on myself.

“I want to…” I pause, rephrasing. “I don’t want to leave everybody behind in the mess it is right now. I don’t want to pull everybody down with the possibility that I might never recover. I want everybody to be happy again.” I stop talking, tears streaming down my face. I take a shaky breath. “I couldn’t make Jack happy, I can at least try to make everybody else happy.”

“Including yourself?”

“I’d be happy knowing that if something goes wrong with me everybody else has a possibility to get over the grief.”

“Can you get over the grief of losing Jack?”

“I don’t know.”

“Then why do you expect them to be able to get over losing you?”

“Because… I don’t know, I just do.”

“I’ll help you, under two conditions.”

I look up, staring at Dr West for a few seconds before I nod.

“One, you won’t skip any more sessions as long as you have to attend them and no more slacking off from doing any school work.”

I nod. Sounds reasonable.

“Two, you promise you won’t aggravate your illness. You keep to the doctor’s advice and make sure you stay as healthy as possible. So no drugs, no tiring yourself out too much and you need to eat healthily.”

I don’t miss a beat. “I promise. Anything that makes them happy and lets me be with them as long as possible.”

“It’s not going to be easy. I won’t let you slack off. You do realise that, right?”

I nod. I realise it all too well. Dr West is nice but really strict if he wants to be.









1 comment:

  1. YAY, I really enjoyed doing this review!! It was fun to be able to have these characters talk even though they hadn't for almost a year.

    ReplyDelete