Thursday 9 August 2018

Bride of Fire Series. Book 3 Fevered Longings



Fevered Longings

(Bride of Fire Book 3)


Release Date: 27/07/2018

Taglines: 
An exiled princess, a forbidding lord and a bond that ties them together
Never underestimate a princess forged by adversity.
I was sent to die, now I must find the strength to live.
Is Mira brave enough to seize her second chance or has the spark gone out … for good.
Would Mira risk it all for a love that could destroy them both


Sales Blurb
When the gods breathed life into us, they blessed us with an element. Pity they didn’t care to bless us with anything else.

Mira had hoped she might find happiness in the arms of the Ice Lord. She was wrong. Political forces have driven them apart and the consequences are devastating for the fated mates. Despite all the past hurt and misunderstandings her fever for the infuriating man has not been extinguished, no matter how much she wished it.

Zorren never feared the cold until he’d tasted Mira’s warmth and passion. Mira is his and he is determined to claim her and restore her to her rightful place beside him: on the throne, in his life and in his bed. Now if only the little firebrand would cease her fruitless attempts to drive him away.

With rumblings in the South and conspiracy in the Iceari Court, Mira and Zorren need to present a united front more than ever. Are they brave enough to seize their second chance? Can they rebuild their trust and allow their love to blossom. Or will it be strangled by resentment and stubborn pride?
Publisher’s Note: This fantasy romance contains elements of danger, suspense, mystery, adventure, and sensual scenes set in an apocalyptic world.

Purchase Links






Excerpt 

Laughing harder at what a sight we must make, his deep male chuckle joining mine. I leaned against the panel of the doors for support, my breasts rising and falling as I sucked in lungfuls of air. “Gods, you are beautiful.” I didn’t even realize he was talking about me until he was kissing me and I was kissing him back. A familiar heat began to curl through me. “Gorgeous,” he whispered, breathing me in. “Ravishing.” His teeth closed around my earlobe and I melted into a puddle. All my attempts to be aloof were proving laughable but I had no defense when Zorren was just being himself not the mask he showed the rest of the world. Showing superhuman restraint he came up for air seeming to remember he’d brought me here for a reason. “Close your eyes,” his hot breath whispered in my ear. 

“Why?”

Zorren’s eyes softened. “Trust me.” Hesitantly my eyelids fluttered shut and I slipped my hand into his. Zorren led me with a warm and sure grip.


Character Interview

Jane: Thank you for joining me this evening, for the official record can I please have your name?

Mira: Certainly, my name is Mira.

JaneI mean your full name please, it’s not every day that I get interview royalty. My, that was a big sigh, surely a name cannot be that tedious?
                                                                                                                                                                  Mira: Oh, it most definitely can. It must stay between us Zorren cannot know, it would make things even more precarious.

Jane: Of course, you can rely on my absolute discretion.

Mira: I am her Serene Highness, the Crown Princess Nymira of the House Pyria, direct descendant of Fa-Rahzil the first Emperor of Fire, daughter of Princess Eliska of the house Pyria and the Scourge of the West Lord Castro of the house Vatra, granddaughter of Emperor Ageiz II, Defender of the sacred flame, Heiress to the Throne of Flames.

Jane: *Owl eyes* Wow, that is some name.

Mira: Exactly.

Jane: Let’s start with a few easy questions; do you have any siblings?

Mira: No, due to longevity of our natural life spans we do not reproduce easily and as such siblings are rare, but I have a cousin, Xhara, we are like sisters. We were forced to split up when I acted as a decoy so that she could escape.

Jane: I see, and what're your parents like?

Mira: My parents were Princess Eliska of the house Pyria and the Lord Castro of the exiled house Vatra. I barely remember them as they were assassinated when I was very young, but the story of their mating is infamous throughout the Firelands. My mother dared to defy the emperor and fell in love with the enemy. It made things a little strained when I went to live in the capitol.

Jane: Would you say you're someone who can handle pressure?

Mira: I was raised in the court of my aunt, Empress Faustia II, what do you think? Expectations were placed on me from a young age and I learnt how to conduct myself as a member of the royal house, so it takes something exceptional to rattle me.

Jane: Let’s make the questions a bit harder, do you have any enemies?

Mira: I currently have a bounty on my head. The usurper who murdered the Empress, seeks to either kill me or imprison me which forced me to flee North.

Jane: When you fled north you must have been traveling light, what's your most valued possession that you carry?

Mira: When I fled I carried my nation’s most sacred treasure, the sword of the first Emperor. It is priceless. Forged from the metal of a falling star it is the only weapon that allows my line to channel their greatest weapon. The sacred white flame that can burn through anything.

Jane: Your worst fear? You don't have to answer this one if you don't want to.

Mira: Failing to do my duty and not being strong enough to complete the task set to and being an embarrassment to the crown. My power - my inner flame is - lacking. My cousin, the next empress has started to produce the white flame that identifies our line and I..can’t...my power is mediocre at best.

Zorren: There you are!

Mira: Zorren? What is the meaning of this interruption?

Zorren: You disappeared, again.

Mira: I did not, just because you are paranoid-

Zorren: -and I wonder why that might be? Perhaps because you have a terrible habit of attempting to skulk away.

Mira: I do not skulk!

Jane: Now, surely we can be reasonable now, Zorren please stop icing up my floor, you are causing a health and safety hazard.

Zorren: What is a health and safety hazard?

Jane: It’s where - oh never mind.

Zorren: Do you remember what I said would happen the next time you wondered off, Hellcat.

Mira: You wouldn’t dare and stop calling me Hellcat.

Jane: Mira, please extinguish your hands, that sofa is highly flammable.

Mira: Zorren! Zorren put me down! I am not a sack of grain.

Jane: Apologies readers, we’ve had an unexpected interruption. Mira, has been carried off by one, highly determined Ice Lord and I don’t believe we will be able to reconvene anytime soon. But until that time, happy reading!


Author Bio

When I realised that the world was not hiring for a ‘sarcastic but benign Supreme Ruler of the Universe’ I’ve decided to focus on my passion. By day I work in a UK company’s finance department and by night I become my alter ego Scribble Girl or as my good friends have affectionately dubbed me the 'sex author'. Always armed with a notepad and pen in the black hole I call a handbag, I have been writing never ending stories since the age of 11 and this all stemmed from my love of reading. 

I love reading. Period! 

I’m part of the Harry Potter generation and while waiting between books would literally devour any book I could get my hands on. Let’s put it this way J.K Rowling has a lot to answer for. I adore that there is no end in sight to where your own imagination can take you and that between the pages of a book you are transported to another world. 

Happy Reading! 


Stay Connected



Books by the same author


Mustang Wild









Hidden Embers (Bride of Fire Book 1)




Playing with Fire (Bride of Fire Book 2)





Reviews of the first two Bride of Fire books can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment